[llvm-dev] [RFC] One or many git repositories?

Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 21 14:11:16 PDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 1:55 PM Renato Golin via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On 21 July 2016 at 18:12, Justin Lebar <jlebar at google.com> wrote:
> >   llvm, clang, clang-tools-extra, lld, polly, lldb, llgo, compiler-rt,
> > openmp, and parallel-libs.
>
> I really, *really* would like to see libc++ / abi / unwind. :)

FWIW, I agree for all the reasons you outline.

I didn't suggest it to Justin only because I know those in particular
aren't really version-locked. Personally, I'd rather merge all of it and
make checking out a slice easy and simple. But I felt like the decision
there could be separate for those libraries, and probably should be made by
the devs working on those libraries more than me.

-Chandler