[llvm-dev] [RFC] One or many git repositories?

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 21 09:49:43 PDT 2016

Question:

Which projects do we put under this monolithic repository?

SVN has about 42 projects, some of them dead, some of them in life support.

So far, being "an upstream repository" meant being inside the LLVM SVN
server. We'll change that to "being inside the monolithic LLVM
repository". But this can become huge, and not all projects "ink" back
to LLVM.

An alternative would be to just have some core projects in the
monolithic and everything else as separate, but then what's core?

As a back-of-the-envelope, I suggest: llvm, clang, clang-tools-extra,
compiler-rt, libc++, libc++abi, libunwind, test-suite.

I'm thinking LLD and LLDB could remain out, but I don't think it would
be too weird for them to be in...

Anything else? Less?

cheers,
--renato