[llvm-dev] Suggestion to Stop Cross Posting Discussions

Hal Finkel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 5 11:59:30 PDT 2016

----- Original Message -----

Perhaps this is the easiest solution: Make it so that anyone subscribed to any of the -dev lists can post to all of them.

Alternatively, we could have a "community" list to which anyone subscribed to any of the -dev lists is automatically subscribed.

We have a lot of people who are subscribed, for example, to cfe-dev and not to llvm-dev, and I'm not sure that making them received backend-related messages just to catch community-wide discussions is reasonable.

 -Hal

> Regards,
>
> John Criswell
>
> --
> John Criswell
> Assistant Professor
> Department of Computer Science, University of Rochester
> http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/criswell

Hal Finkel
Assistant Computational Scientist
Leadership Computing Facility