[llvm-dev] Suggestion to Stop Cross Posting Discussions

John Criswell via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 5 11:51:27 PDT 2016

Dear All,

Within the past few months, there have been several discussions that
relate to LLVM and its sub-projects (such as the discussions on moving
to Git and the Code of Conduct).  To ensure that these discussions reach
all community members, people have been cross-posting these messages to
llvmdev, cfe-dev, and every other -dev you can think of.

This is becoming a headache for me (and possibly other mailing list
admins) because replies are often sent to every list, but not all users
are subscribed to every list.  As a result, we're moderating messages
for people because they're subscribed to llvm-dev but not openmp-dev, or
they are on cfe-dev but not llvm-dev, etc.

Can we keep these policy discussions on llvm-dev and just expect people
to subscribe to llvm-dev if they want to particpate? Alternatively,
could we create a new mailing list for these discussions?

I'd rather spend time moderating first-poster posts and discarding SPAM
than ensuring that all of you can post to all the lists.

Regards,

John Criswell

--
John Criswell