[llvm-dev] Question about store with unaligned memory address

jingu kang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 29 11:07:08 PST 2016

Hi Krzysztof,

Thanks for response.

The method is working almost of test cases which use load and store
instructions connected with chain. There is other situation. Let's
look at a example as follows:

typedef unsigned short int UV __attribute__((vector_size (8)));

void test (UV *x, UV *y) {
  *x = *y / ((UV) { 4, 4, 4, 4 });
 }

The target does not support vector type so CodeGen tries to split and
scalarize vector to legalize type. While legalizing vector type, the
stores of each vector elements nodes are generated from
'DAGTypeLegalizer::SplitVecOp_STORE'. But the stores are not connected
with chain. I guess it assumes each vector element's address is
different. The each store is lowered to load and store nodes with high
and low address but they are not connected with the other store's one.
It causes problem. I am not sure how to solve this situation
correctly.

Thanks,
JinGu Kang