[llvm-dev] IPO improvements

vivek pandya via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 29 10:28:01 PST 2016

Hello Community,

I would like to have general feedback on what is the scope and requirements
to improve IPO analysis in LLVM.
I have been looking into IPConstantPropagation.cpp . It is not using method
as described in D. Challahan <http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=13327> et
al . So I think it can be improved. Also Inter-procedural VPR pass is also
very use full and it helps to improve other analysis and Optimizations as
mentioned in Patterson <http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=207117>.

I am not sure if any one has done any attempt on that or not but I want to
implement these for LLVM by first improving IPCP to use JUMP function based
approach and then   based on that implementing IP-VRP pass.

Sincerely,
*Vivek Pandya*