[llvm-dev] Assign different RegClasses to a virtual register based on 'uniform' attribute?

Ruiling Song via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 19 19:00:09 PST 2016

Hi,

I am working on a new LLVM target for Intel GPU, which also has same kind
of scalar/vector register classes used in AMDGPU target. Like for a i32
virtual register, it will be held in scalar register if its value is
uniform across a wavefront/warp, otherwise it will be in a vector register.
Does AMDGPU already done this? I read the code, but I didn't figure out how
to do this. Anybody has idea on this?

- Ruiling