[llvm-dev] Using the LLVM demangler.

Dave Bozier via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 15 06:18:11 PST 2016

Hi all,

We’re hoping to replace the demangler in some of our tools to use the LLVM
demangler. We’d like to enhance it with missing functionality (legal names
that it cannot demangle) and provide a set of tests that we use with the
demangler that we currently use.

The demangler that is currently in the LLVM tree appears to be a copy of
the libc++abi implementation, and there appears to be chat about replacing
it with the fast demangler implementation in LLDB.

Could you please advise if we should put our contributing efforts into
enhancing the fast demangler in LLDB so that it can replace the existing
one or just work on what is already there.

Regards,

David Bozier
Technical lead of linker and binutils
SN Systems - Sony Interactive Entertainment
http://www.snsystems.com
https://twitter.com/SNSystemsEU