[llvm-dev] A "hello world" coverage sanitizer

Kostya Serebryany via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 12 13:57:08 PDT 2016

Hi Zhoulai,
The closest you can get is
http://clang.llvm.org/docs/SanitizerCoverage.html#tracing-pcs
With this flavor of instrumentation the compiler inserts calls to
__sanitizer_cov_trace_pc into the control flow.
The users (you) needs to define the function __sanitizer_cov_trace_pc and
so you can call printf there.

By default, not all edges in the control flow are instrumented
This is an optimization, you can disable it by -mllvm
-sanitizer-coverage-prune-blocks=0

--kcc