[llvm-dev] Why does new llvm-as reject old IR format?

Madhur Amilkanthwar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 12 07:05:29 PDT 2016

Surprised to know that backward compatibility is not honored across the
tools.
(i.e. you can read old .bc but NOT old .ll files)
Supporting latter is more useful, IMO, because then I wouldn't have to
modify all my sources.

And who are "we" here?

--
*Disclaimer: Views, concerns, thoughts, questions, ideas expressed in this
mail are of my own and my employer has no take in it. *