[llvm-dev] iterate over arguments in machinefunction

Matthias Braun via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 15 17:16:00 PDT 2016

MachineFunctions do not have abstract information over arguments, access to the arguments is lowered to concrete operations when building the machine representation:

- Values living into the function are tracked as function live ins in MachineRegisterInfo
- Values passed on the stack are loaded where they are used

You can also still access the IR function via MachineFunction::getFunction() to iterate over the arguments in the abstract form.

- Matthias