[llvm-dev] Any details I should know before trying to build on OS X Snow Leopard (Darwin 10) ?

ardi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Apr 10 00:54:56 PDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Bruce Hoult <bruce at hoult.org> wrote:
[...]
> Once you have a working Clang 3.4 you can build later Clang versions. I'm
> not 100% sure whether 3.4 implements C++11 sufficiently bug free to compile
> Clang 3.8.

Thanks a lot, Bruce. Yes, I got 3.4.2 working, although it wasn't
easy. I had to cross-compile from a OS X 10.11 machine back to 10.6,
because the default gcc 4.2 in 10.6.8 wouldn't build llvm 3.4.2. Then
I ran the test suite on 10.6.8 and it passed successfully.

However, building llvm 3.8.0 on OS X 10.6.8 is quite a different
story, even if you have a working 3.4.2 installation. It seems
development is done always in cutting-edge OS versions. But I don't
surrender, I'm fighting to get it working.

Thanks!