[llvm-dev] New LLVM backend Target: compile procedure

Sundaran Narayanan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 30 11:46:45 PDT 2015

 Hi all,

     I'm trying to get familiar with the LLVM build procedure when adding a
new Target.

     In the main source tree, i copied the  lib/Target/MSP430 as
lib/Target/newUC and renamed all the files.   Further i edited the
different files like Triple.h, Triple.cpp, LLVMBuild.txt, CMakeLists.txt,
CallingConv.h  to take in this new Target.

    Then i deleted the files under the current build/ and started the LLVM
build process anew.

     Is all of this the right way to go about this ?

     I expect i'll make have many issues/fixes to iterate over when
modifying the files for my newTarget. Given, the build takes a long time,
is there a way to do this faster ?  Already been waiting 20mins for it to
finish.

Thanks,
AX