[llvm-dev] Ask for testing the patch that enables larger vectorization factor with a flag.

Cong Hou via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 28 18:42:09 PDT 2015

Hi

The patch http://reviews.llvm.org/D8943 is committed as r251592 (sorry for
forgetting to include the differential revision in the commit message).
This patch added a flag that enables calculating vectorization factor (VF)
using the smallest type instead of the widest one. Due to imprecise cost
model, the largest VF could not be used with larger cost than smaller VFs.
I will compose more patches later to adjust the cost model. Here I am
asking people to test this patch by turning on the
flag vectorizer-maximize-bandwidth.

Thank you!

thanks,
Cong