[llvm-dev] RFC: Introducing an LLVM Community Code of Conduct

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 13 10:58:57 PDT 2015

On 13 October 2015 at 18:52, Tanya Lattner <tanyalattner at llvm.org> wrote:
> As for the LLVM Foundation board, it was designed to made up of people who are active in the LLVM project (and not just by submitting patches as there are many important roles in the project). You seem to apply that the board is made up of people outside the community, which it is not. Their term is 2 years, where they can be re-elected or new board members brought in. I’m happy to send you our Bylaws if you are interested.

It was my original assumption, and Chris' reply seem to confirm that,
the CoC review board is actually the LLVM Foundation board.

In view of that, these questions are pertinent to your comment above:

How do these elections work?
Who votes and who can be candidate?
Why wasn't the first board elected?

cheers,