[llvm-dev] RFC: Introducing an LLVM Community Code of Conduct

Krzysztof Parzyszek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 13 10:38:28 PDT 2015

I like the NCoC approach, actually.  I think the community can manage
itself quite well.  Echoing a prior response---if this community really
needs a set of rules, then it has already deteriorated.  We are not
there and it doesn't look like we are going in that direction.

The FreeBSD CoC also looks reasonable, and if any CoC is needed, I find
this one more appealing.

-Krzysztof

On 10/13/2015 11:16 AM, Kuperstein, Michael M via llvm-dev wrote:
> The "No Code of Conduct" ( https://github.com/domgetter/NCoC ) version of this is "This project adheres to No Code of Conduct. We are all adults. We accept everyone's contributions. Nothing else matters."
>
> I'm not advocating something like this, but I tend to agree with the sentiment that Django-style codes of conduct over-define and over-"legalize".
>
> The FreeBSD CoC is, IMHO, much better in this respect ( https://www.freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html ).
>
> Michael

hosted by The Linux Foundation