[llvm-dev] Mips unconditionally uses fast-isel?

Pete Cooper via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 18 10:03:02 PST 2015

Hi Daniel, Paul

Thanks for looking in to this.  I think its great to fix the inconsistency here.

> On Nov 18, 2015, at 2:19 AM, Daniel Sanders via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

This table is excellent.  Any chance you can find a good place in code to put it, or even somewhere in the docs?

I did look to see if http://llvm.org/docs/WritingAnLLVMBackend.html#instruction-selector had a section on fast-isel but it surprisingly doesn’t.  If it did, I think this table would have been good to put there to explain when a backend will get which selector.

Cheers,
Pete