[llvm-dev] Is there a way to convert between SchedMachineModel and Itineraries?

Anshuman Dasgupta via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 10 10:09:02 PST 2015

 > Bundling rules are actually quite simple. I think the only
restriction that I have is not to bundle two branches together.

If that's the only restriction you want to implement, then you don't
need to specify slot information in the DFA. You can add the branch
check to <your-target>VLIWPacketizer.cpp. Look at
HexagonVLIWPacketizer.cpp for examples on how to add checks during
packetizing.

 > however when we extend it to more slots, the rules might get more
complicated.

If the slot rules get complicated beyond the branch check, then you
should consider using the DFA.

-Anshu

hosted by The Linux Foundation