[llvm-dev] Is there a way to convert between SchedMachineModel and Itineraries?

Rail Shafigulin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 9 15:30:44 PST 2015

Anshu,

Thanks for the reply

> How complex are the bundling rules in your VLIW target? Is that documented
> somewhere? The complexity will determine whether I'd recommend using the
> DFA packetizer.

Bundling rules are actually quite simple. I think the only restriction that
I have is not to bundle two branches together. As far as documentation
goes, this is a proprietary project and it is not in the public domain, at
least for now. The reason we wanted to use existing packetizer is because
we thought that there is no need to re-invent the wheel. Why not use what
is already there?

Also given that I'm new to all of this (including VLIW architecture), my
boss told me to develop simple code just for 2 slots and later we'll try to
expand it. So when I say that bundling rules are quite simple, what I mean
is that they are quite simple for 2 slots, however when we extend it to
more slots, the rules might get more complicated.

Thanks,