[LLVMdev] Doxygen: enable autobrief?

Matthias Braun matze at braunis.de
Fri May 1 16:28:55 PDT 2015

We just had some discussion in the IRC channel and wondered whether it would be a good idea to enable one of the doxygen autobrief options for llvm:

JAVADOC_AUTOBRIEF
If the JAVADOC_AUTOBRIEF tag is set to YES then doxygen will interpret the first line (until the first dot) of a Javadoc-style comment as the brief description. If set to NO, the Javadoc-style will behave just like regular Qt-style comments (thus requiring an explicit @brief command for a brief description.)

The default value is: NO.

QT_AUTOBRIEF
If the QT_AUTOBRIEF tag is set to YES then doxygen will interpret the first line (until the first dot) of a Qt-style comment as the brief description. If set to NO, the Qt-style will behave just like regular Qt-style comments (thus requiring an explicit \brief command for a brief description.)

The default value is: NO.

Seeing that the \brief commands are often missing and visually noisy (IMO) this may improve our documentation and save us some typing in the future.

- Matthias