[LLVMdev] SFI and Artificial Diversity

Per Larsen perl at uci.edu
Fri Mar 27 13:47:46 PDT 2015

Hi Kenneth,

I'm part of a research group at UC Irvine that has been working on
artificial software diversity for LLVM and clang. You can check our Github
repositories here:
https://github.com/securesystemslab/multicompiler
https://github.com/securesystemslab/multicompiler-clang

Our public version is based on LLVM 3.5 but we also have patches for LLVM
3.6 and beyond which I can share with you. In collaboration with JF Bastien
and others, we are in the process of upstreaming these patches. So far the
random  number generator and a machine-independent NOP-insertion pass have
been accepted into LLVM mainline. We have several additional diversifying
transformations that we want to contribute. If you are interested in
participating in this effort, we're happy to collaborate with you.

W.r.t. SFI, I believe the PNaCL source code is available.

Cheers,
Per

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~perl/