[LLVMdev] Implementing if-conversion as a GSoC 2015 project?

John Criswell jtcriswel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 15:14:03 PDT 2015

Dear Xiang,

Can you briefly describe the limitations with the current if-conversion
in LLVM and how you plan to improve it?  I haven't read your thesis, and
I (and others) are unlikely to have time to do so.

Regards,

John Criswell

On 3/16/15 4:23 PM, Xiang Gao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are you guys interested in implementing if-conversion as a GSoC 2015
> project? Last year, I did a literature review about approaches of
> if-conversion and the if-conversion in LLVM. This was the
> undergraduate thesis of my bachelor degree. It seems that, the
> if-conversion used in LLVM is a very simple approach instead of
> following the literature. So I want to implement the approaches in the
> literature in LLVM and get support from Google for this. Are you guys
> interested?
>
> Best,
>
> Xiang Gao

John Criswell
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science, University of Rochester
http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/criswell