[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Commit message policy?

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Fri Mar 6 16:49:39 PST 2015

On 7 Mar 2015 00:07, "Robinson, Paul" <Paul_Robinson at playstation.sony.com>
wrote:
> You don't like the idea of "suggesting" how to write a good message,
> but you're okay with describing what a good message looks like? (as long
> as we don't suggest that people should actually write them that way.)

I think merely suggesting will not stop people that don't care from writing
bad commit messages, but will help those who do care.

I also appreciate that enforcing standards on such petty things can go a
long way of making people less welcomed to our community.

After all, rules are meant to be broken, metrics are meant to be worked
around, and too many rules are meant to make people unhappy.

Cheers,
Renato