[LLVMdev] Performance impact of different optimization passes

Ahmed ElTantawy ahmede at ece.ubc.ca
Fri Jun 19 16:09:16 PDT 2015

Hi John,

Thanks for your email. I was looking for simply an estimation of the
performance loss/gain when each of the current LLVM passes is
disabled/enabled. Is there such data for recent versions of LLVM ? I could
not see such quantitative data in the outcomes of the search link you
suggested.

Alternatively, is their any sort of regressions that runs with every update
to LLVM source code and provides the impact on performance for a set of
benchmarks (or a set of test cases) ?

Best regards,
Ahmed