[LLVMdev] Clang 3.6.1 integration with MSVC++

Arkady Shapkin arkady.shapkin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 14:39:19 PDT 2015

Thank you for answer.

> That's not exactly the same thing as saying that clang-cl supports C++
exceptions. :-) I
Yes, but when I saw all "green"/"yellow" on this clang page
<http://clang.llvm.org/docs/MSVCCompatibility.html>, I think that simple
MSVC project should build with latest clang build for Windows (at least for
x64 configuration).
Just please provide somewhere information when clang is ready to compile
MSVC projects.

This doesn't compile with latest available clang build:
#include "stdafx.h"

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{
    try
    {

    }
    catch (...)
    {
    }
    return 0;
}

> The document actually says: "Exceptions and SEH: Partial. C++ exceptions
> (try / catch / throw) and structured exceptions (__try / __except /
> __finally) mostly work on x64."
>
> That's not exactly the same thing as saying that clang-cl supports C++
> exceptions. :-) I was also a bit optimistic when I wrote it, since I
> thought we could solve the problems of WinEHPrepare. We should probably
> downgrade it back to unsupported until the new representation goes in.
>
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Arkady Shapkin <arkady.shapkin at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This page http://clang.llvm.org/docs/MSVCCompatibility.html
>> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__clang.llvm.org_docs_MSVCCompatibility.html&d=AwMFaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=Mfk2qtn1LTDThVkh6-oGglNfMADXfJdty4_bhmuhMHA&m=9lAPlzZdvj07d7Pfz8IH0LsMkmn5sg9I_xP1LSRV3_I&s=TM6o4AbvthSNbmyWo2FulesTVjbttmXtK9a96vGajHc&e=>
>> says clang-cl supports C ++ exceptions, but I cannot compile code with
>> simple try{}catch{}
>> error : cannot compile this throw expression yet
>>
>> What am i doing wrong?
>>
>> --
>> WBR,
>> Arkady Shapkin aka Dragon