[LLVMdev] llvm books

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Mon Jul 27 11:42:25 PDT 2015

On 27 July 2015 at 19:28, Bruno Cardoso Lopes <bruno.cardoso at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let us know if you have examples of that, and we'll pass that up to
> the editor to fix in further editions.

The cross-compilation chapter has entire identical phrases and the
general structure is very similar.

Of course, I'd expect any half-decent book to have the official
documentation as one of the primary sources, but not in a
paste-then-modify kind.

I was looking for that chapter in particular, given that I wrote the
original docs on cross-compilations, and I know I didn't do a good job
at it. I was expecting a more thorough description of the issues,
system particularities, toolchains you can choose and how, but it
ended up being as lacking as my original docs, which is a shame,
really.

cheers,
--renato