[LLVMdev] ORC and relocations

Lang Hames lhames at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 13:24:04 PDT 2015

Hi Eugene,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Custom relocations weren't something I had in
mind when I designed Orc, so they raise some interesting design questions
which I don't have good answers to yet. (E.g. The interface for the Orc
layer concept assumes that there's a RuntimeDyld instance embedded at the
bottom of the stack. That's why addModuleSet takes a MemoryManager and
SymbolResolver. If there's no RuntimeDyld instance at the bottom of the
stack, it's not obvious that the interface should require those).

For now I recommend just creating a local copy of the ObjectLinkingLayer
and removing the call to resolveRelocations. I'll keep thinking about the
best way to support this use case going forward.

Cheers,
Lang.