[LLVMdev] Eliminate stores with __builtin_assume

Philip Reames listmail at philipreames.com
Fri Jul 3 13:50:18 PDT 2015

I don't believe that anyone has explored using assumes for modeling
memory.  Doing so seems reasonable, but would require some careful
thought.  The place to start looking would be the GVN pass.
Specifically, look at the handling for full redundancy cases.  Looking
at what we do for known functions (i.e. malloc, calloc) might be a
reasonable place to start reading.

Philip