[LLVMdev] How to contact LLVM admins?

Greg Fitzgerald garious at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 23:43:37 PST 2015

> We have had no trouble using "Patch by <name>" as the form of attribution for a
> lot of years with contributions from a wide range of companies. So I'm not really
> inclined to change a process which leaves the system of record *exactly* the
>  same (a textual acknowledgement of attribution) and only makes one mirror of
> it superficially better.

Adding --use-log-author to "git svn fetch" will have no effect unless
the committer either adds --add-author-from to "git svn dcommit" or
does a one-time setup:

    $ git config --global config svn.addAuthorFrom true

You can continue to use "Patch by <name>" if neither you nor the
author care.  If correct attribution on the git mirror is important to
*either* party, then the git mirror must be configured with
--use-log-author.  As a committer, correct attribution on the git
mirror is important to me for ethical and practical reasons.  It
should probably be important to me for legal reasons too.  :)

Thanks,
Greg