[LLVMdev] Howdy + GIT

Mehdi Amini mehdi.amini at apple.com
Fri Jan 16 19:24:43 PST 2015

> On Jan 16, 2015, at 7:11 PM, Tim Northover <t.p.northover at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Most of this is solved by importing the patch with git am. But it works only if the patch was generated from git format-patch.
>
> Trouble is, that's not what we get, or at least nowhere near often
> enough to even bother learning that tool.

Well, if someone send a patch using “git show” instead of “git format-patch”, just ask to resend ?
And the learning curve is … almost inexistant, there is nothing to learn. “git am path_to_the_patch” and you are done.
You can even solve the download part by running "git am” and copy-pasting the content of the diff

>> If you want to save also the “download and find the patch file”, any review coming from Phabricator can be committed in a single command, for example:
>>
>> $ arc patch D7003
>
> Yeah, I'm not installing PHP locally

It seems someone did it for you "PHP has come standard with Macs since OS X version 10.0.0"

> just for a non-standard arc tool.

I am not sure how to determined what is or is not a standard tool...

> I'm quite happy with what Phabricator does on the web, but it should
> present standard interfaces for clients (like a git branch/tag).

That would be nice indeed.
(other asked for it https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T127 )

—
Mehdi