[LLVMdev] Howdy + GIT

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 19:11:44 PST 2015

> Most of this is solved by importing the patch with git am. But it works only if the patch was generated from git format-patch.

Trouble is, that's not what we get, or at least nowhere near often
enough to even bother learning that tool.

> If you want to save also the “download and find the patch file”, any review coming from Phabricator can be committed in a single command, for example:
>
> $ arc patch D7003

Yeah, I'm not installing PHP locally just for a non-standard arc tool.
I'm quite happy with what Phabricator does on the web, but it should
present standard interfaces for clients (like a git branch/tag).

Tim.