[LLVMdev] list of instructions accessible from c++?

Alexander Poddey alexander.poddey at gmx.net
Sun Jan 11 22:30:53 PST 2015

Hi all,

I searched around but could not find a list or forum where llvm users could
discuss their issues, therefore I post here.
Please let me know if this is not the correct list for my issues!

I'm currently checking if it would be possible to extend llvm-mutate in the
sense that not only instructions present in the module, but all allowed
instructions could be introduced.

llvm-mutate 'only' allows copy/replace instructions present in the module.
The reason might be simple, this list is easily accessible.

Is there a way to access a list of all valid IR instructions, including
informations about the argument (# and types) from inside an opt pass (c++
code)?

Thx
Alexander

P.S.: I found iclude/llvm/IR/Instruction.def - is this complete?