[LLVMdev] Heads up! Planning to remove old vector shuffle lowering this week...

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 15:30:45 PST 2015

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Simon Pilgrim <llvm-dev at redking.me.uk>
wrote:

> On 24 Nov 2014, at 17:53, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'll be skimming the PRs to see if there are any really critical
> regressions, but so far it looks pretty good.
> >
> > If you are actively disabling the new vector shuffling and have some PR
> that blocks you, please reply here. Later this week, the flag will go away
> unless I hear strenuous objections. There is a really staggering amount of
> cleanup and tidying that needs to take place and can't until we remove the
> old code paths.
>
> It doesn’t look like there has been any changes for this yet - is the plan
> for the old shuffle code to be removed before the branch for 3.6? If so do
> you have this in hand or do you want assistance to get it done in time?

I just got distracted by other things. I should be able to take care of it
now that folks are back from the holidays.

One question -- do you see any regressions that need fixing first? I don't
see any, but I'm curious about others. The silence on this thread didn't
inspire confidence, but perhaps its just that nothing is broken with the
new stuff?