[LLVMdev] [lld] Representation of lld::Reference with a fake target

Shankar Easwaran shankarke at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 13:05:47 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Rui Ueyama <ruiu at google.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Shankar Easwaran <shankare at codeaurora.org
> > wrote:
>
>>  Hi,
>>
>> The round trip passes just tries to load a *complete* object file in
>> YAML/Native format back.
>>
>> The internal state should be the complete object file in native/yaml
>> format.
>>
>> If some state is not recorded and that is really needed in the writer, we
>> should add that to the Atom model.
>>

> Again, not only saying we should do something, but please elaborate why
> you think we should. Otherwise we can't discuss...

The RoundTrip passes was a method to verify the Atom model. When the pass
was written / reviewed, this pass was a way to verify that all information
passed to the writer was passed through an Atom.

I am completely ok to remove the pass as long as there is an alternative
with which we can verify.

Shankar Easwaran