[llvm-dev] Phabricator/Arcanist feedback

Dan Liew via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 28 04:58:04 PST 2015

Hi,

> Interesting, I don't read it that way :) I personally don't use arc to
> commit.

Sure the docs don't explicitly state that it's the only way. I just
took that to be implied because the instructions for requesting a
review provide multiple methods but the instructions for committing
only mention using a single method.

> Again, there is no one correct way. You can use arc, you can just manually
> put together your commit message. If your commit messages are bad, somebody
> will eventually start complaining post-commit ;)
>
> Feel free to send a patch to make it explicit that using arc is completely
> optional. We mainly put it there because some people hand't heard of arc and
> were handling their patches manually and complaining about the web workflow.

Sure. In order to document the manual alternative I need to know what
Phabricator looks for to work out it that it should close a review. Is
the

```
Differential Revision: http://reviews.llvm.org/<REVISION>
```

line in the commit message what it looks for?

Thanks,
Dan.