[llvm-dev] bitcode versioning

Mehdi Amini via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 3 11:51:18 PST 2015

What kind of API would you expect? The Bitcode Reader expose the API to get the information in this block. It is up to the client to interpret it.

Our internal use case is to parse the version string and identify bitcode generated by an Apple released LLVM. If the version is “from the future” the bitcode can be rejected (we’ll do it during LTO).

—
Mehdi