[llvm-dev] RFC: LTO should use -disable-llvm-verifier

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 31 09:59:22 PDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Rafael EspĂ­ndola <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>
wrote:

> Having it off by default makes sense to me. We just need an easy way of
> enabling it from the clang driver.

Not sure I follow? Generally LTO inputs are going to be "user provided" (in
the sense that they're not produced immediately prior by the same process -
or you'd have just produced a single Module in the first place, I would
imagine) so changing the default still seems problematic in the sense of
allowing 'unbounded' input without verification...