[llvm-dev] buildbot failure in LLVM on clang-native-arm-cortex-a9

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 26 09:40:44 PDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org>
wrote:

> On 26 August 2015 at 17:32, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Small blame lists can still be acquired by having more hardware.
> Certainly
> > not always possible/in the budget for those who want to verify these
> things.
>
> More unstable hardware is more unstable. :)

I was referring specifically to the issue of long cycle times producing
long blame lists. That can be reduced by having more bots so that blame
lists are smaller.

Even if the hardware is just as unstable this is actually better, it's not
more unstable as such. It means that when it does flake out, fewer people
are distracted/informed of this. That's an improvement in a small degree.