[llvm-dev] buildbot failure in LLVM on clang-native-arm-cortex-a9

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 26 09:32:16 PDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org>
wrote:

> On 26 August 2015 at 17:21, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:
> > (oh, and add long cycle times to the list of issues - people do have a
> > tendency to ignore bots that come back with giant blame lists & no
> obvious
> > determination as to who's patch caused the problem, if any)
>
> Yes, but remember, not all hardware is as fast as a multi-core Xeon
> server. Build times can't always be controlled.

Small blame lists can still be acquired by having more hardware. Certainly
not always possible/in the budget for those who want to verify these things.

> But I agree with you on all accounts. The bot owner should bear the
> responsibility of his/her own unstable bots. If it brings less value
> than it adds cost to the community, it should be moved to a separate
> buildmaster that doesn't email people around, but can be accessed, so
> the owner can point breakages to devs.

More than just not emailing, it'd be great to have a generally-green
dashboard to look at. For now it's hard to get a sense of what's 'really'
broken'.

But yeah, all of that stuff.