[LLVMdev] RFC: Machine Level IR text-based serialization format

Alex L arphaman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 10:46:26 PDT 2015

> Looks good.  How are you planning to "assemble" the MI-level YAML
> description into the actual in-memory IR?

I plan on developing a parser for the new text format for the machine
instructions. This parser will parse instructions, operands and memory
operands,
and it will after run the machine function and the embedded LLVM IR are
parsed, so that the references to the basic blocks, constant pools,
frame indices, etc. can be resolved immediately. Each string literal in a
list of instructions in a machine basic blocks will be parsed using this
parser
and then they will be assembled together into a list of instructions for
that basic block.

I hope that answers your question,
Alex.