[LLVMdev] BasicBlock.h in the binary and in the source differ

Jonathan Roelofs jonathan at codesourcery.com
Thu Apr 9 09:48:05 PDT 2015

On 4/9/15 10:35 AM, Zhoulai wrote:
> Sorry. 'master' branch of  most recent release. Actually I use
> git clone http://llvm.org/git/llvm.git.
>
> Maybe the issue comes from the binary package?

No. 'master' is the top of the development tree. You should be comparing
against the release_36 branch.

Differences between 'master' and the releases & release branches are
*expected*.

> At line 122 of the BasicBlock.h from
> <http://llvm.org/releases/download.html>
>    const DataLayout *getDataLayout() const;
>
> vs.
>
> Line 118 of the source BasicBlock.h from the above repo:
>    const Module *getModule() const;
>
> For information, I am concerned with the inconsistency because of this
> error message when building the project at
> https://github.com/eliben/llvm-clang-samples:

You'll have to speak with Eli about what version of llvm/clang his
samples are supposed to work with.  I don't happen to know off the top
of my head.

Cheers,

Jon