[LLVMdev] compiler-rt with MSVC?

Saleem Abdulrasool compnerd at compnerd.org
Mon Sep 22 21:03:24 PDT 2014

Please pardon the top posting (mobile devices make this hard).

This should work for x86 targets theoretically.  There is an outstanding
patch that I need to tweak for windows support via make and clang.  It uses
the MSVC environment for the x86 targets and the Itanium environment for
ARM (due to assembly).

Creating a custom VS solution should allow you to do this I believe.

On Monday, September 22, 2014, Tony Kelman <kelman at berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I’m trying to figure out how to build compiler-rt 3.5.0 with Visual Studio
> 2013. In an autotools build or cmake on Linux, I believe putting the
> compiler-rt sources under llvm/projects is enough to build them
> automatically. Do I need to do anything specific to get the same with MSVC?
> I've tried setting -DLLVM_BUILD_EXTERNAL_COMPILER_RT either ON or OFF,
> but can't find any evidence of compiler-rt getting built. If I build
> compiler-rt separately, pointing it to an installed LLVM build with
> -DLLVM_CONFIG_PATH, the only thing that ends up in the install result is
> the sanitizer headers. Should this be working, or is it still under
> construction? When I tried with LLVM 3.3 I was getting a bunch of syntax
> errors from MSVC in compiler-rt, so presumably it wasn't yet
> MSVC-compatible at that time. Has the MSVC build just been disabled
> somewhere to avoid this?
>
> Thanks,
> Tony

Saleem Abdulrasool