[LLVMdev] compiler-rt with MSVC?

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 22 20:09:33 PDT 2014

I’m trying to figure out how to build compiler-rt 3.5.0 with Visual Studio
2013. In an autotools build or cmake on Linux, I believe putting the
compiler-rt sources under llvm/projects is enough to build them
automatically. Do I need to do anything specific to get the same with MSVC?
I've tried setting -DLLVM_BUILD_EXTERNAL_COMPILER_RT either ON or OFF, but
can't find any evidence of compiler-rt getting built. If I build compiler-rt
separately, pointing it to an installed LLVM build with -DLLVM_CONFIG_PATH,
the only thing that ends up in the install result is the sanitizer headers.
Should this be working, or is it still under construction? When I tried with
LLVM 3.3 I was getting a bunch of syntax errors from MSVC in compiler-rt, so
presumably it wasn't yet MSVC-compatible at that time. Has the MSVC build
just been disabled somewhere to avoid this?

Thanks,
Tony