[LLVMdev] proposal to avoid zlib dependency.

Mueller-Roemer, Johannes Sebastian Johannes.Sebastian.Mueller-Roemer at igd.fraunhofer.de
Wed Sep 17 08:34:09 PDT 2014

I'll have another look tomorrow.

IMO, it is unnecessary clutter. It will fail if ${ZLIB_LIBRARIES} or ${ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIRS} are used anyways as they will be set to NOTFOUND. Or we go back to a silent-fail solution:

find_package(ZLIB QUIET)
if (LLVM_ENABLE_ZLIB AND ZLIB_FOUND)
  set(HAVE_ZLIB_H 1)
  set(HAVE_LIBZ 1)
  list(APPEND CMAKE_REQUIRED_LIBRARIES ${ZLIB_LIBRARIES})
  list(APPEND CMAKE_REQUIRED_INCLUDES ${ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIRS})
else()
  set(HAVE_ZLIB_H 0)
  set(HAVE_LIBZ 0)
endif()

--
Johannes S. Mueller-Roemer, MSc
Wiss. Mitarbeiter - Interactive Engineering Technologies (IET)

Fraunhofer-Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung IGD
Fraunhoferstr. 5  |  64283 Darmstadt  |  Germany
Tel +49 6151 155-606  |  Fax +49 6151 155-139
johannes.mueller-roemer at igd.fraunhofer.de  |  www.igd.fraunhofer.de