[LLVMdev] proposal to avoid zlib dependency.

Dan Liew dan at su-root.co.uk
Wed Sep 17 08:25:52 PDT 2014

On 17 September 2014 15:47, Mueller-Roemer, Johannes Sebastian
<Johannes.Sebastian.Mueller-Roemer at igd.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> It's half the way there. Configuring and compiling works, but linking fails, probably some definition mismatches...

It configured, compiled and linked okay for me. Could you look into it?

> But it can definitely be simplified, as due to the "REQUIRED" flag CMake will already fail if zlib isn't found, so no need for the
>
>   if (ZLIB_FOUND)
>   else()
>     message(FATAL_ERROR "zlib was requested but it could not be found")
>   endif()

Thanks. I'm aware that's what REQUIRED would do but I thought I'd try
to be "defensive" just in case someone later on thinks removing
"REQUIRED" is a good idea...

If you think its unnecessary clutter I'd happily remove it.