[LLVMdev] HELP! Recent failure on llvm buildbot

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 01:49:59 PDT 2014

> There are no dumb questions. My answer might seem a bit disappointing though
> :-) I just scrolled quickly though the log. The errors appear in red, they
> were easy to spot. Depending on the build system used, you can also search
> for specific patterns (like *** for make) in the log.

Specifically, it's the "stdio" link under the red failing step in this
case. It's often not obvious where the useful information is though, I
still often end up clicking randomly until I find it.

A good thing to search for in build failures is "error:". Lots of
places can mention "error" but the extra colon is pretty
characteristic of compiler diagnostics.

Cheers.

Tim.