[LLVMdev] Master thesis

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Sun Nov 30 17:45:10 PST 2014

----- Original Message -----

HPC is a large, somewhat generic term. Do you have specific areas of interest within HPC?

> This
> spring I will write my master thesis, and would like to work on code
> transformation in LLVM.

How many months/years will you have to spend on the R&D part of your thesis work?

> I imagine that the community knows what
> might a good project, so I thought I'd ask you.

There are lots of potential topics of interest, from higher-level things like loop transformations, memory hierarchy modeling, etc. to lower-level issues involving code generation (i.e. vectorization), non-traditional architectures (GPUs, etc.), etc. If you can give us a little more context, and your level of familiarity with LLVM, it will be easier to suggest some projects.

 -Hal