[LLVMdev] Status of compiling on MSVC < 2012

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Sun May 25 00:06:21 PDT 2014

As the title suggests, what is the status of compiling llvm on versions of
MSVC less than 2012?  Not so much "Does it work?", but more like "Should
any thought be given to whether or not something will break it?"

Right now there are a bunch of warnings when compiling LLDB on Windows
because it uses various symbols which have been defined since VS2012, but
which are re-defined in llvm support header files.  In the process of
addressing this, I noticed in include\llvm\Support\DataTypes.h.in that it
redefines a bunch of other stuff as well from stdint.h and inttypes.h with
a comment about how these definitions were only added in certain updates to
VC++.  However, this was an update to MSVC 2010 if my memory serves me
correctly, so if it's not necessary to support 2010, then I can clean up
some of the stuff in this header at the same time that I'm fixing the
warnings.

Zach