[LLVMdev] Associate IR instruction with corresponding assembly

Tobias Grosser tobias at grosser.es
Sun May 18 22:28:04 PDT 2014

On 19/05/2014 00:54, shruti padmanabha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the pointer. I am unfortunately running into llc problems with
> this pass.
> I did
> *opt  -debug-ir   hello.bc -o hello.deb.bc*
>
> *llc -march=arm -debug  -O0 hello.deb.bc  -o hello.deb.s*
>
> This is aborting with the error: llc:
> llvm-3.4/lib/CodeGen/AsmPrinter/DwarfDebug.cpp:1614: void
> llvm::DwarfDebug::beginFunction(const llvm::MachineFunction*): Assertion
> `TheCU && "Unable to find compile unit!"' failed.
> I'm assuming this is because llc found some errors in the metadata that
> debug-ir prints out. How do I find and correct this?

This is indeed surprising. I have no idea where this is coming from.
Does this only happen on ARM? Can you attach the debug.bc file? Or even
better, open a bug report for that?

I included Daniel who committed the -debug-ir pass as well as Eric who
has better knowledge about debug info than me.

Cheers,
Tobisa