[LLVMdev] Buildbot try builds to get pre-commit performance number

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Fri May 2 03:17:34 PDT 2014

On 2 May 2014 11:04, Tobias Grosser <tobias at grosser.es> wrote:
> We could probably also make the buildbot pull from a git repository. One of
> the issues could be that we currently have different SVN repositories that
> get checked out.

Yes, that brings complexity on all building systems... I'm changing
one right now to accept it... :(

Any change we do to this scheme is bound to create confusion, so I'd
recommend we use github repos and accept merges from people into
specific branches.

The script I'm changing has dependencies check, so if you ask to build
"clang" it'll checkout "llvm" first. If you ask for
"clang-tools-extra" it'll checkout "clang" first, and so on.

To deal with multi-repo changes, one could look into the dependencies
with the same branch name, and only if there isn't any, use "master".
So, if you change both clang and llvm, create a branch "tobi" on both,
and the bot will build both. If you only change Clang, the bot will
check out "tobi" on clang and "master" on llvm.

That's how I do my local git build...

cheers,
--renato